We are a digital solutions company located in Philadelphia, PA, USA. We help our clients tackle tough challenges and seize new opportunities. We are industry veterans with experience spanning over 20 years each and specialize in building out websites, mobile apps, custom digital platforms, digital marketing programs, Alexa skills, etc.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to build incredible user experiences and continually push their skills to the next level. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of browser-based applications. You will work directly with UI/UX, Product Management, and the rest of the engineering team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. A self-driven, curious mindset and eagerness to learn new technologies, platforms, and frameworks is a must to be successful in this role
What You Will Do:
- Develop fully featured websites and applications from functional requirement documentation and designs.
- Maintain and manage existing websites.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize web sites/application to maximize speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ensure web design is optimized for responsive viewing on devices of all types
- Maintain development and testing best practices throughout the development process
- Participate in agile sprint planning, retros, and daily stand up meetings.
We Should Talk If You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proficient understanding of advanced HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience with integrating RESTful Services and APIs into websites.
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors like SASS and LESS.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN, etc.Experience with developing website that leverage Content Management Systems (Extra points for prior experience with HubSpot or WordPress.)
- Understanding of key application design principles
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must speak very good English.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Moxie Labs an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Moxie Labs does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.