We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop fully featured websites from functional requirement documentation and designs.
- Maintain and manage existing websites.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize web sites/application to maximize speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ensure web design is optimized for responsive
- Maintain development and testing best practices throughout the development process
- Participate in sprint planning and daily stand up meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- Proficient understanding of HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience with integrating RESTful Services and APIs into websites.
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors like SASS and LESS.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN, etc.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them
- Experience with developing website that leverage Content Management Systems (WordPress, Laravel, Drupal, Craft, etc)
- Understanding of key design principles
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, etc.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Moxie Labs an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Please email your resume, portfolio, Skype handle, or any questions you may have to Careers@MoxieLabs.co if you think you’re the right fit for this position!